Hexinverter's latest in their series of dedicated drum-modules is the Mutant Clap, A TR-909-style handclap module.
Just like the other Mutant Drums, the Clap is a highly versatile
It is actually a voltage controlled LFSR noise oscillator as
well as a powerful percussion synthesis engine!
- pitch control of noise generator means you can create everything from vanilla 909 claps to broken, chiptune-like alien sounds
- doubles as a voltage controlled, Commodore64-sounding noise VCO via the NOISE output and PITCH CV input
- SUSTAIN control lets you crank up the clap's sustain and use the module as an abstract synth voice with external inputs!
- external input allows you to synthesise claps from virtually any sound source you plug in
- built in internal reverb effect derived from clap tone
reverb decay forms the decay of the clap sound, and is fully voltage controllable from short reverb "snaps" to long, whooshing tails!
- you can select between internal and external noise sources as the source for the reverb sound generation, opening up really interesting sounds
- DRIVE control lets you dial in anything from clean to extremely overdriven sounds
- bandpass filter cutoff control
Video: hexinverter.net Mutant Clap Demo
" The Mutant Clap is a eurorack handclap percussion synthesis module reminiscent of the TR-909.
It will be available in Fall 2014 as a built eurorack module from modular synthesizer dealers around the globe as well as in DIY project form, from hexinverter.net's online DIY shop.
More info/full feature list: http://www.modulargrid.net/e/hexinver...
hexinverter project page: http://cv.hexinverter.net/?projects=m...
DIY products: http://shop.hexinverter.net
For built modules, please find your nearest modular retailer and inquire with them!
Gear used in this video: Mutant Clap, Orbitals step sequencer, Jupiter Storm, Galilean Moons, Mutant Bassdrum, Mutant Hihats, Low-gain Submix, WMD Pro Output, Make Noise Echophon..."
Also very interesting: " Rest assured the Cowbell will make itself known somehow! :) "